Challenge. Create. Deliver. Evolve
As part of our tech team based in Peterborough, you will deliver first class customer propositions to some of the UK’s most iconic brands and businesses. At BGL our customers are at the heart of what we do and our passion is to create great customer experiences.
We’re looking for Software Engineers with an unrivalled enthusiasm for their craft, who work best in a collaborative team environment. We’re passionate about empowering colleagues and do the same with our customers, allowing them to choose and purchase the right product at the right price for them.
• Developing first class integration solutions in an Agile delivery team under the leadership of the Development/Technical Lead, guided by Product Owners.
• Develop first class software in an agile delivery team
• Solve complex problems and issues
• Champion simplicity. Contributing to the evolving culture of innovation, enthusiasm and passion
• Understand how our customers interact with our product
• Focus on delivery for the benefit of the customer
• Coach and mentor other engineers within the team
• Be part of our SWE community and sharing leanings
• Collaborate within a full stack delivery team
What will it take to be successful as a Software Engineer at BGL Tech?
We are looking for a solid Java Developer looking to move into the Integration space. This will involve understanding Mule ESB, Messaging Queues and SOA/Integration patterns. Full support and training will be provided to the right candidate.
• Strong Java skills, (preferably version 8 and above)
• Experience using Web technologies including REST/JSON and definitions such as Swagger and RAML.
• Experience using Soap services, Wsdl, XML, XSLT and XML Schemas.
• Knowledge of the Spring Framework.
• Knowledge of Apache CXF, Jaxb and Jax-ws.
• Knowledge of web servers such as Apache Tomcat.
• Use industry standard build and test frameworks such as Maven and jUnit
• Use version control systems and workflow (e.g. Svn, Git, BitBucket)
• Self-motivate with the ability to manage multiple work streams
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
• Great communication and attention to detail
• Knowledge of SOA and Integration patterns.
• Knowledge of ESBs such as Mulesoft.
• Knowledge of messaging and queues such as ActiveMQ, WebsphereMQ.
Whilst we think the above skills are ideal, we remain open to hear from applicants that come from various backgrounds who believe they have some transferable skills for consideration.
We are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services to 9.5 million customers. The Group is organised in two Divisions: Insurance, Distribution and Outsourcing (IDO) and Price Comparison.
- IDO provides a range of motor, home and life insurance products in partnership with several of the best-known brands in UK financial services and through own brands Budget Insurance, Dial Direct, Beagle Street and FiftyLife, all supported by state-of-the-art contact centres and digital platforms.
- comparethemarket.com is one of the UK’s leading price comparison sites and LesFurets.com is a leading player in the French market.
With nearly 3,000 colleagues in the UK and Paris, we understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance. Whether it’s working from home, flexible hours, part-time or job share, we aim to create an environment where colleagues can feel empowered to build a flexible working culture to cater to both their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them and for the business.