This is an exciting opportunity for you to join the Insurance and Aggregation (I&A) team as a Manager in Insurer Engagement and Governance.
In this key role, you will drive the performance of Motor & Home’s smaller panel insurers whilst building and maintaining strong relationships with these partners. Additionally, to perform a vital role in coordinating cross-team governance activities for I&A, with a focus on delivering good customer outcomes with the panel
You will continuously deliver value by having the ability to review and analyse information which will in turn will deliver optimum performance to us and our panel.
What will it take?
- Driving Motor & Home’s commercial agenda and relationship with smaller panel insurers
- Responsible for all aspects of day-to-day relationship management
- Driving trading through engagement around key initiatives, including pricing, data, fraud, claims, etc.
- Play a leading role in cross-team governance activities for I&A, including:
- Supporting Certified Staff within the team to discharge their responsibilities under SMCR
- Coordinating monthly First Line of Defence (FLOD) meetings and driving actions / output
- Leading on ad-hoc issues relating to customer outcomes for the team –e.g. complaints, incidents
- Inputting to the design of Group policies and procedures are ensuring these are successfully implemented by I&A
- Acting as Expert Change Owner on behalf of I&A, representing the team in prioritisation sessions
- Operate within IDO and BGL group’s governance frameworks to ensure appropriate customer, regulatory and commercial outcomes
- Significant experience in relationship management, with demonstrable influencing and negotiation skills
- High energy and resilience even where significant challenges, conflicts or adverse situations are encountered
- In-depth insurance market and product knowledge
- Commercial thinker able to identify and take opportunities to improve performance
- Experience of operating within a regulated environment
- Preferable CII Qualification
- Able to use the full functionality of Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout our application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We’ll work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We have reached 10 million customers through brands including comparethemarket.com, LesFurets.com, BGL Life, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct, as well as our partnerships business which provides insurance for some of the UK’s leading high street brands. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it!
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness