Here at BGL Group we like to be different – we provide a range of motor, home and life insurance, and exist to make insurance simple and accessible. Our digital, technical and data capabilities are something to be proud of, and we recognise there’s still more to be done!
Our data team provides value in showcasing the business how to drive the digital CX strategy forward and we’ve a team of BI/Insight analysts and Data Science specialists working with every corner of our commercial business. As you grow with us, our environment is more akin to being a data consultant internally as we liaise with different internal stakeholders across UX research and digital experiences.
Our role will suit if you’re one or all the following:
- You love to tinker with data in your own time and, and possibly dabble in novice coding
- A recent graduate/apprentice/work experience data enthusiast looking for a window of opportunity to grow your vocation and career
- Enjoy talking about data and translating the technical jargon into everyday consumption for friends/peers
- Experimenting with modelling techniques and new analytical approaches in your own time or in role
In your CV and throughout the application/interview process, we’d love to see details around any personal or professional projects you’ve worked on, maybe even talk to us about what analysis and insight you’ve come across that’s excited you of late. We’d love to learn more about your passion.
What does the role involve?
• Creating, developing and leading insight to drive exceptional digital experiences for IDO
• Leading the development of insight to identify opportunities for IDOs digital journey
• Determining the monitoring solutions for IDOs digital journeys to drive the digital CX strategy forward
• Validating and refining customer solutions by applying usability research and commercial analysis
• Collaborating with a wide number of stakeholders and with minimal direction to achieve business goals
• Carrying out data deep dives to provide valuable optimisation solutions or new opportunities
• Supporting UX research by providing customer demographics to carry out targeted usability tests
• Working with UX research to tie together data insights and usability analysis to create a holistic view of customers pain points
• Delivering reporting and analytics from multiple sources to monitor the end to end digital journey
What will it take to be successful?
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects or work streams at pace
• The know-how to gather information from a wide range of analytics and insight tools to get a complete customer journey understanding
• Organisation skills to co-ordinate insight activity to identify and optimise Digital CX opportunities
• Capability to formulate and articulate complex information to a wide range of stakeholders
• Understanding of and experience of using relational database design and structures
• Experience with investigating customer data to drive change
• Advanced Excel, SQL, online analytics tool and Power BI experience
Whilst we believe these to be preferred skillsets and abilities, we welcome applications from candidates who believe they have transferable skills for consideration. We will continue to review and progress the most suitable applicants throughout the process.
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout our application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We’ll work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.
Why Choose Us?
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. BGL Group has reached 9.5 million customers through brands including comparethemarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.