Who are we?
You might already know us - we're the ones with the Meerkats! Compare the Market has helped revolutionise the insurance market and we have been growing rapidly since starting in 2006.
We are on a mission to transform the comparison industry, moving beyond endless forms and generic search results, to a highly personalised, service-led experience. In order to do so, we recognise that we need to consistently deliver seamless, personalised customer experiences through a connected data and technology ecosystem.
We are undertaking a massive recruitment drive for technical guru’s, engineers of brilliance and geeks extraordinaire to join us for one of the biggest technical/digital transformation projects in 2021/22. The Infrastructure team is about to undertake a massive project starting a technical separation of 3 businesses units into 3 organisations… this is a MASSIVE project and will take 9 to 12 months and will be the feather in the cap of any engineer!
A little bit about the role
As our Infrastructure Engineer you will build, run and own infrastructure solutions that support our colleagues to architectural, security and service standards as part of the Workplace Technology Infrastructure team. The Workplace Technology Infrastructure services includes file, print, activity directory, services that support desktops/laptops (such as AV, EDR, Asset Systems, Patch Systems, etc), Office 365 and on-premises servers.
- Migration of circa. 180 applications to new hardware, before assessing suitability for re-platforming to Azure, AWS or another IaaS/PaaS
- Tenant separation of M365 and everything that this entails; ADFS migrations, separation and trusts, Exchange migration.
- Maintaining operational stability, security and high availability
- Setup, install, configure and maintain servers, storage and applications for colleague technology
- Actively contribute to DevOps and Agile practices to ensure services are delivered at high velocity and quality
- Contribute to tech projects and help develop tech solutions that deliver exceptional customer experiences
- Ensure service stability, security and scalability to required service levels
- Provide 3rd line operational support to business customers within service level agreements
- Proactively improve processes, software, systems and automate common activities
- Contribute to technology audits
Skills that’s going to make us smile:
- Strong experience of Windows Operating Systems
- Strong experience of Active Directory and Office 365
- Strong experience of VMWare
- Good experience with storage and backups
- Good experience of scripting in PowerShell
- Experience of Linux Operating Systems
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks
- Experience running services in AWS
What we will offer you to join us:
On top of a competitive salary you will have the option to work from our London or Peterborough offices once or twice a week with remote working the rest of the time:
- Annual Leave: 25 days plus bank holidays (rising to 30 days with service)
- Life Assurance
- Income protection
- Virtual GP: Access to online GP via an online video and phone consultation
- Health check: Free annual Confidential health check with Wellbeing Specialists
On top of the above we offer TONS of Flexible benefits such as Holiday buy and sell (up to 5), Cycle to Work, Dental Insurance, - Gymflex, Health Assessments, Critical Illness Cover (also for Partner), Partner Life Assurance, Onsite Wellbeing Therapists, Tastecard, Technology purchase, High street discounts, 2 for 1 Meerkat Meals & Movies and many many more