We have an exciting opportunity for a Health, Safety & Environmental Manager to join the Facilities Management Team at Compare the Market.
This role will ensure that we provide a safe-working environment that ensures Health, Safety & Environmental legislative compliance, and the application of best practice.
You’ll provide consistently high standards, customer service and staff engagement, enabling Compare the Market to attract, keep and support its staff. You’ll display a passion for the environment and implement effective safety and environmental management systems in line with legal, CTM and customer requirements.
What will you be responsible for as the Health, Safety & Environmental Manager at Compare the Market:
- Maintaining and updating policies, procedures, risk assessments, evacuation plans and site manuals
- Conducting and recording risk assessments, considering how risks could be reduced
- Conducting accident investigations, implementing appropriate preventative measures and report accordingly
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Ensuring all sub-contractors meet their legal duties in relation to health, safety and environmental compliance
- Maintaining compliance tools, 'Contractor First', 'Health and Safety First' and 'Pace'
- Leading the environmental agenda in conjunction with all areas of the business to ensure ongoing sustainability targets are met.
- Developing environmental policies in line with business appetite and delivering on plans to support these policies.
- Ensure our ongoing environmental accreditation is maintained.
Required experience – Must Haves:
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Understanding of all legal & statutory frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of current legislation regulations
- Experience of developing environmental policies and knowledge of environmental legislation.
Nice to have:
- Experience in working in a Facilities Management environment
Why choose us?
You might already know us - we're the ones with the Meerkats! Compare the Market has helped revolutionise the insurance market and we have been growing rapidly since starting in 2006.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout our application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We’ll work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.