We have an exciting opportunity for a Health, Safety & Environmental Manager to join the Facilities Management Team in IDO.
This role will ensure that we provide a safe-working environment that ensures Health, Safety & Environmental legislative compliance, and the application of best practice.
You’ll provide consistently high standards, customer service and staff engagement, enabling IDO to attract, keep and support its staff. You’ll display a passion for the environment and implement effective safety and environmental management systems in line with legal, IDO business and customer requirements.
What will you be responsible for as the Health, Safety & Environmental Manager at IDO:
• Maintaining and updating policies, procedures, risk assessments, evacuation plans and site manuals
• Conducting and recording risk assessments, considering how risks could be reduced
• Conducting accident investigations, implementing appropriate preventative measures and report accordingly
• Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
• Ensuring all sub-contractors meet their legal duties in relation to health, safety and environmental compliance
• Maintaining compliance tools, 'Contractor First', 'Health and Safety First' and 'Pace'
• Leading the environmental agenda in conjunction with all areas of the business to ensure ongoing sustainability targets are met.
• Developing environmental policies in line with business appetite and delivering on plans to support these policies.
• Ensure our ongoing environmental accreditation is maintained.
Required experience – Must Haves:
• NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
• Understanding of all legal & statutory frameworks
• Excellent knowledge of current legislation regulations
• Experience of developing environmental policies and knowledge of environmental legislation.
Required experience – Nice to have:
• Experience in working in a Facilities Management environment
Why Choose Us?
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. BGL Group has reached 9.5 million customers through brands including comparethemarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.