An exciting Fraud Executive role has become available at BGL for an inquisitive and analytical thinker to join the Underwriting Services. This role involves ongoing analysis of data to ensure that fraudulent risks are removed from the book at the earliest opportunity to mitigate bad debt and other fees charged when a policy is taken out, all whilst protecting the genuine customer.
In this role you’ll identify opportunities in our existing data ecosystem to add value to our current fraud proposition that protects our partners at all stages of the journey. The primary focus for this role is to build on our current models to ensure we remain as industry leaders in counter fraud. As a resilient Fraud Executive, you’ll possess the ability to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
What will it involve?
• Minimising the impact on genuine customers and the IDO Motor & Home P&L from organised and opportunistic fraud.
• Ensuring that our fraud proposition remains current and agile enough to keep up with the fraudsters.
• Finding and using opportunities in data to drive new initiatives.
• Identifying additional data that is needed to make a successful fraud proposition.
• Taking control of the automated reports and ensuring that team MI is accurate and relevant.
• Building a strong stakeholder network with internal and external customers.
• Accountability for the upkeep and monitoring of fraud controls.
What will it take to be successful?
• Experience within the financial services industry
• An understanding of how data is structured
• Strong Excel knowledge
• Ability to write SQL or a different coding language to a basic or intermediate level
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Excellent verbal and written competence, with high level of communication
• Expert ability maintaining high accuracy
Why Choose Us?
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. BGL Group has reached 9.5 million customers through brands including comparethemarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.