Financial Systems Analyst
BGL Insurance’s Business Technology area provides technical support to Finance in the production of a trading ledger, financial reports, general ledger balances, payment processes etc. The main purpose of the Financial Systems Analyst is to provide technical support on Financial Systems to the Finance department within BGL Insurance.
A Technical Specialist currently fulfils these services – the role will augment and strengthen cover in this area, and work independently on reconciliations, Management Information (MI) and support.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Produce and reconcile the Financial Month End figures from the back-office system through to the general ledger, together with associated reports suite.
- Support the weekly Securitisation (Bank Lending) Reporting, plus annual Securitisation audit.
- Support the Finance Teams, particularly with respect to technical queries and audits (year end, partner and insurer)
- Support and analysis for specialized financial reporting e.g. FCA, cashflow, financial trends and queries
- Support monitoring of and changes to financial and payment processes
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience of financial accounting e.g. accounting degree or qualification or proven practical experience
- Self-motivated and self-managing on technically challenging assignments
- Experience with MS Office Tools (especially Excel)
- Good analytical skills, able to write and interpret MI/data
- Good communication skills, able to manage stakeholders at various levels, including auditors, partners, insurers etc..
- An interest in finance and financial systems
- Talent for IT, including use of SQL and understanding of databases (advantageous)
- Knowledge of Excel macros (advantageous)
This is a great opportunity to join a market leading company, learn from exceptional talent and the chance to develop in an ever-growing company.
If you’re interested, please apply with an up-to-date CV.
Why Choose Us?
BGL Insurance is part of the BGL Group of businesses. A leading digital distributor of insurance to more than three million customers, BGL Insurance provides a range of motor, home and life insurance products in partnership with several of the best-known brands in UK financial services and through own brands Budget Insurance, Dial Direct and Beagle Street, all supported by state-of-the-art, award winning, contact centres and market leading digital platforms.
With almost 2,000 colleagues across three sites in Peterborough, Sunderland and Wakefield, BGL Insurance uses its passion, scale and expertise for the benefit of its customers, offering unrivalled value, ease and confidence.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. Inclusive by instinct, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
Flexible, hybrid working
BGL Insurance has a truly hybrid approach to working. We know one size does not fit all, so our people work where they need to be to get the job done and find the balance needed to deliver our strategic goals.