BGL Group, home of Comparethemarket.com
Comparethemarket.com are looking for a diligent and analytical Finance Manager to join our Financial Control Team. As an influential member of the team you’ll be pivotal in driving informed decision-making through the provision of insightful reporting to the business regarding the level of spend on development.
With an important role to play managing the capital expenditure process and controls, the Finance Manager’s success will be defined by their ability to collect, challenge and gather sufficient information regarding all costs for accurate capital recording and forecasting. In addition to this, insightful commentary around capital spend, operational spend and performance will also be a key area of focus for the Finance Manager.
Other project related finance duties include co-ordinating planning and forecasting activities, ensuring forecast incorporates the impact of recent developments, as well as monitoring and tracking project progress against business plan, flagging any risks and concerns in steering meetings and within monthly reporting.
What will it take to be successful as a Commercial Finance Manager?
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA Qualified Accountant, with strong understanding of IFRS
- Experience of cost centre management working closely with non-finance stakeholders
- Management Accounts experience, managing tight reporting deadlines
- Flexible with ability to lead change
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively present information to non-financial stakeholders
- Excellent analytical, numeracy, financial and IT skills
- Team player able to function effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Why choose us?
At the BGL Group, we are passionate about people challenging themselves, building on their successes and growing with us. The interest of our customers, community and colleagues are at the heart of all of our decisions across all brands within the group.
As one of the UK’s most love price comparison websites, Comparethemarket.com are best known for offering an independent and impartial comparison on car and home insurance products. We work with most of the UK’s top providers to be able to provide the best service possible for our customers.
We grow because we are…
- AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re committed in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability
- CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's
- AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it
- UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together