Location: Peterborough sites (with 10% travel to London)
Start date: October 2018
Join BGL Group and play a key role in shaping an excellent working environment through the delivery of facilities management.
We continue to keep the customer at the centre of what we do here – we have been incredibly successful, because we act quickly and think differently. We’re always ahead of the game; using the best technology, working with the best people along with our industry leading partners to ensure we’re keeping things, simple.
As a Facilities Management Apprentice, your appetite for driving exceptional standards will deliver varied solutions across 3 sites in Peterborough and 1 in London. This rewarding role, brings a huge amount of variety; in the morning you could be supporting with decoration or minor repairs and in the afternoon you could be working with the wider team in providing general building and garden maintenance.
Joining our team as a Facilities Management Apprentice at BGL Group, you’ll learn how we keep the customer at the heart of everything that we do – our aim is to deliver first class experiences which are engaging and passionate. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with others to deliver quality services, share new ideas and learn. You’ll work within a maintenance team where you will be assigned a buddy and a business mentor, who will support and encourage your professional and personal career development.
In our 15-18 month scheme, you’ll grow your career towards becoming a Facilities Management Assistant, whilst studying toward a level 2 City and Guilds Diploma in Property Maintenance. Your role will be based across 3 of our Peterborough locations, with some travel to our Tech office in the heart of London. With this opportunity you’ll attend New College Stamford on a weekly basis, learning an array of skills such as health and safety, electrical testing, repairs and plumbing maintenance.
What will you be responsible for as our Facilities Apprentice?
• Delivering first class facilities management experiences across BGL Group, meeting all timescales
• Supporting our weekly fire alarm checks and evacuation drills
• Carrying out meeting room set up requests
• Undertaking minor defect repairs
• Supporting with major and minor project works
• Supporting internal desk moves and relocation
What will it take to be successful as a Facilities Apprentice?
• You have good numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English)
• You’re naturally self-motivated with an appetite and commitment to learn
• You have a practical outlook and enjoy hands-on tasks
• You have a passion for Facility Management and are task focused
• Willingness and commitment to attend Stamford College on a weekly basis
• You have a valid driving licence or are currently learning to drive
• Be flexible between our working hours: Monday – Friday 7am – 5pm
• Able to travel to our London office on an ad-hoc basis (1-2 days per month)
We never stand still…
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. Home too many brands including, Comparethemarket.com, Junction, BeagleStreet, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We’re trusted by more than 10 million customer in the UK alone - with this foundational success we continue to grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
We grow because we live and breathe our values…
We are AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.