At BGL Group (Home of Compare The Market), our fintech business has grown and matured in various ways, and we’re now on the lookout for an interim Employee Relations Manager to join us on a 12 month FTC.
We’ve a small, yet exceptional, team of ER consultants covering every corner of the business to support circa 3,500 colleagues across several UK sites. Whether you’re working with Compare the Market, BGL Customer Services or our Group function you will provide expert ER advice and guidance to your team, our colleagues and senior level stakeholders.
To separate us from other ER opportunities, here’s why you should consider us:
- You’ll own the leadership, management and development of our ER team within a shared services environment. You’ll help to transform our ways of working and enable our team to focus on more value-add activities and priorities
- You’ll gain experience or apply existing experience of working collaboratively with an outsourced provider. You’ll help to review and assess transformational needs, and manage relationships accordingly
- You’ll be our designated SME within the ER team to lead and consult with on change management initiatives in collaboration with divisional HR Business Partners
- You’ll take the lead on reviewing, developing and evolving our case management system to ensure it is fit for purpose and in alignment with our strategic focus
What will it take to be successful as our ER Manager?
We’ll assume that as an experienced and proven ER manager you’ll have the usual skills and traits for roles like this, however on this occasion we’re looking out for the below to be more evident on your CV.
- Significant experience of leading on change management
- Experience of managing and leading a team within a shared services environment
- In depth Employee Relations, case work and generalist HR knowledge
- Detailed understanding of Employment Law including experience of Early conciliation and Employment Tribunals
- Experience of working with outsourced providers and helping to move the business up the value chain and prioritise efforts on higher value-added processes
- Prior involvement/input on developing a case management system
You’ll need to be comfortable in managing case volumes, prioritising and providing high levels of judgement on risk, legal, compliance and commercial implications.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10 million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
Diversity and Inclusion: We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
Flexible working: We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements to align with both personal and business needs.