BGL Group are looking for an experienced Database Administrator to join our Data Solutions team. Working in an Agile environment, you will be responsible for database operations and provide expert advice and guidance on best practice, whilst driving and implementing operational excellence.
At BGL group, we recognise the quality of our data makes a huge difference to our customers’ experience and the success of the business. You will ensure continued improvements within the business, supporting our engineering teams to increase Speed to Market, proactively monitor our platform and assist in planning our future data platforms.
Within our digitally focused FinTech organisation, you will:
· Proactively monitor our platform – ensuring the right monitoring is in place and acted upon, to provide a robust platform and data service.
· Plan our future data platform (both hardware and software) to ensure our stakeholders data needs are met in a timely manner.
· Share technical knowledge and experience with others throughout the business.
· Implement best database practices, to protect and enhance our data asset.
· Be an active learner, both within your technical and professional area of expertise.
· Have experience in performance tuning of SQL queries and indexes (writing SQL is something you're comfortable with), and share this knowledge with the team, to improve our speed and use of assets.
· Be confident to liaise, report and present to colleagues across the business.
What will it take to be successful as a Database Administrator?
· Expert working knowledge of on-premise SQL Server (2016/19), SSIS and Windows Server.
· Performance monitoring and tuning experience.
· Operational support (upgrades, patching and troubleshooting) experience.
· Experience in Back-up and Restore strategies.
· A hands-on “can do” attitude.
We are open to hear from applicants that come from database development and administration backgrounds.
Why Choose Us?
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. BGL Group has reached 9.5 million customers through brands including comparethemarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.