Challenge. Build. Learn. Grow
At comparethemarket.com, we look to push the edge with new technologies
so that we can deliver the very best for the business. Our team spirit means
everyone's opinion is important in building top class software.
We are advocates and evangelists of Agile methodologies, so that we are
able to adapt and change course depending on business needs. Our focus is our
customer, building UX driven software that we believe will make a difference?
As a DBA at comparethemarket.com,
you will hold accountability for database operations and continuous
improvement, to provide advice and guidance on database management good
practice. Driving operational excellence to ensure systems remain highly
available, reliable and resilient.
(CtM), you will promote and ensure quality is at the heart of all
technical solutions and work with the Solution Architects
to shape future solutions and promote the target vision for your product.
What will you be
responsible for as a Database Administrator at comparethemarket.com?
- Promote and ensure quality is at the
heart of all technical solutions
- Work with the Solution Architects
to shape future solutions and promote the target vision for your
- Strive towards continuous improvement,
identify waste and help teams to minimise it
- Proactively trial new technologies and
techniques and contribute to how these can aid future solutions
- Deliver operational excellence, based on
fundamental principles and standards that you contribute to
- Coach and mentor others in operational
and engineering excellence
- Role model behaviour to ensure
that CtM Web Ops is seen as a team that encourages technical
- Drive to deliver great outcomes for our
- Champion quality and technical
excellence to maintain stable, scalable and secure systems.
- Actively develop yourself in your technical
and professional area of expertise
- Work alongside the Solution
Architects to agree the technical roadmap and realise the
- Ensuring that all solutions adhere to agreed
principles, standards, and contain all of the agreed artefacts of delivery
What will it take to
be successful as a Database Administrator at comparethemarket.com?
- Highly experienced in working with MongoDB and
SQL Server to an expert level.
- Expert of performance monitoring and tuning,
back-up and restore strategies and replication techniques.
- Expert in operational support covering
upgrades, patching and general trouble shooting
- Expert in developing and delivering database
- Excellent Linux skills to allow monitoring of
performance and diagnosis of issues, including shell scripting
- Excellent experience of Cloud infrastructure,
including automation \ scripting techniques
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving
We never stand
Founded in 1992, the
BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000
people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household
financial services. Home to, many brands including LesFurets, ComparetheMarket.com,
BeagleStreet, Junction, Budget Insurance and DialDirect. We are trusted by more
than 10 million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we
continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
We grow because we
obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving
exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
We are CREATIVE. We
think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology
to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC.
We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what
we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We’re
one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win