Here at BGL Life we like to be different – we’ve sold life insurance products and services unique to the market since 2012. We’ve continued to change the narrative of life insurance to be less complex and replaced it with simplicity, speed and value, to allow our customers to obtain a quote in just 60 seconds and be covered in as little as 10 minutes! Our pricing, data and digital capabilities are something to be proud of, and we recognise there’s still more to be done!
We’re focused on significant growth plans and have invested in several key strategic projects and initiatives over the next 12 months. Your role will be to drive BGL Life’s Data Strategy, and provide analytical support to the Life division, focusing on pricing, distribution, marketing, capacity, customer journey and retention.
We’re a unique business division with a start-up feel, operating within an established fintech business that has clear goals to disrupt the markets we choose to operate in. Key disruptive projects are, but not limited to:
- Collaborating closely with Pricing, Marketing, Capacity, and Digital teams to identify new data sources to optimise our capability
- Develop new and more powerful data and predictive modelling approaches to discover and influence further customer acquisition and retention opportunities
- Digital optimisation: providing customer behavioural analysis and insight to further shape how our customers engage and interact with our services
- Working with our Capacity team to better optimise our data to provide granular insight to influence our net rates and strengthen our commercial partner relationships
Your analytical expertise and creativity will take our existing market-leading methodologies to the next level.
What will it take to be successful as a Data Scientist?
- You have previous experience using analytics in a commercial or technical role, that has had a significant impact
- Applied time and tested analytical solutions into actionable business propositions
- Proficiency with a range of packages (e.g. R, Python SQL or similar) in addition to Excel and Microsoft Office applications
- A forward thinker with a strong academic background with a graduate, or postgraduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or another analytical subject
- There will be no limits to your ability of using analytical techniques, pushing the boundaries and wanting to deliver exceptional commercial outcomes
Why Choose Us?
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. BGL Group has reached 9.5 million customers through brands including comparethemarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.