Due to ever-increasing success within our ambitious and creative Pricing Team, BGL Group are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to explore, experiment and ultimately apply new Data Science tools and techniques in insurance pricing.
Working with some leading experience in insurance pricing you’ll own the development of new pricing approaches through the use of Data Science, from concept all the way through to production. Your analytical expertise and creativity combined with a creative and disruptive environment will take our existing market-leading methodologies to the next level!
Your undying drive to make a difference will be defined by the successful production of your ideas and the level of impact they have on the business.
You will join a team of highly-skilled, ambitious and motivated experts who deliver impactful analysis. We work closely together to develop pricing models, solve complex business problems and identify opportunities. You’ll devolve your Data Science expertise throughout the team, and manage and support junior colleagues to set them up for success. Your passion and expertise will allow you to work effectively and at pace, applying innovative analytical techniques, whilst working across organisational boundaries to ensure that proposals support our strategic goals.
What will it take to be successful as a Data Scientist?
- A strong academic background, and with a graduate, and postgraduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or another analytical subject
- Ambition - a forward thinker
- Rigorousness - quality-conscious, with a desire to learn and apply new analytical approaches
- Confidence and self-motivation, with strong communication skills
- A strong expertise in at least one analytical tool such as R or Python, while SQL experience would be a plus
- An aptitude and desire to pick up new technologies as the need arises
- Previous experience using analytics in an R&D, technical or commercial role, that has had a significant impact
As part of the BGL Group, our IDO (Insurance, Distribution and Outsourcing) Division are one of the UK’s leading digital distributors of insurance and household financial services. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and are ultimately the driving force behind our focus on innovation. We work with some of the biggest high street and global brands (O2, Lloyds Banking Group and many more) and we always aim to be on the top of our game in everything we do.
BGL Group has reached 9.5 million customers through brands including CompareTheMarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it!
We grow because we are…
- AMBITIOUS - We’re obsessive about delivering good outcomes for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability
- CREATIVE - We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit customers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learnings
- AUTHENTIC - We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it
- UNITED - We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.