As a Data Governance Manager – Data Operations at ComparetheMarket.com your role will be vital in the implementation of an end-to-end data governance framework. The framework will focus on improving data quality, data security and overall adherence with regulatory requirements, through the development of robust processes, training and communication, the expansion of controls and key risk indicator reporting and ultimately gaining buy-in across the organisation to ensure continued improvement.
What will you be responsible for as a Data Governance Manager – Data Operations?
• You will be an ambassador for the Data Governance team, and consistently communicate the values of Data Governance to the organisation
• Supporting colleagues through the provision of innovative and joined up working practises, whilst also identifying privacy and data security risk and agreeing action plans to mitigate them
• Analysing, exploring and reporting on a variety of data sets, to establish what ‘good’ data looks like and implement tactical initiatives that ensure all data sources meet or exceed this view
• Developing and maintaining data governance/data protection policies, standards and proce-dures that ensure confidentiality of personal and business data and adhere to legal and statu-tory requirements
• Managing ongoing adherence to these policies, standards and processes reporting up to group a single coherent view of the Compare the Market business on a regular basis
• Investigating Data Governance incidents ensuring root cause analysis and follow up actions are implemented to prevent repeat incidents and that lessons learned are disseminated across relevant teams
• Maintenance and improvement of the RAG status of the controls implemented around the projects you work on
What will it take to be successful?
• A born leader and mentor you provide direction & focus, share knowledge and ideas and are happy to coach and mentor junior roles
• Relevant and extensive knowledge and experience of data governance approaches, practices, toolkits and pitfalls in large organisation and will require the post holder to retain this expertise and develop it further, remaining up to date with key changes in data and privacy legislation and policy
• A high level of attention to detail, evidenced by the early detection of potential data govern-ance issues
• Enthusiasm, motivation and resourcefulness, with the initiative to recognise and act on prob-lems and opportunities, and the drive to influence colleagues across the business to develop action plans to achieve desired outcomes and move toward a common vision or goal
• Demonstrate strong planning & organisational skills; be able to multi-task and focus time and energy on the most value adding tasks
• Being self-motivated and have an energetic approach, showing interest in understanding busi-ness process and how data governance interfaces and supports
• You are technically savvy and not afraid to learn a new tool or methodology (agile, asana, JIRA, Confluence, Yammer, Slack, SQL, Excel, Power BI, Office, Sharepoint… to name a few)
Why choose us?
You might already know us - we're the ones with the Meerkats! Compare the Market has helped revolutionise the insurance market and have been growing rapidly since starting in 2006. Variety is the spice of life and we are inspired to experience different parts of the business via different projects, teams or products: there are no barriers! Everyone has a voice and everybody has the opportunity to make an impact that touches thousands of customers. Perhaps most importantly, you will have the chance to work with some outstanding people in a fun and thriving environment.
To learn more about what it’s like to work at comparethemarket.com visit
We grow because we are…
AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.