As a Data Governance Manager at ComparetheMarket.com your role will be vital in the implementation of an end-to-end data governance framework. The framework will focus on improving data quality, data security and overall adherence with regulatory requirements, through the development of robust processes, training and communication, the expansion of controls and key risk indicator reporting and ultimately gaining buy-in across the organisation to ensure continued improvement.
Your role will include…
• Being an ambassador for the Data Governance team and communicating the values of Data Governance to the organisation
• Supporting colleagues through the provision of innovative and joined up working practises, whilst also identifying privacy and data security risk and agreeing action plans to mitigate them
• Analysing, exploring and reporting on a variety of data sets, to establish what ‘good’ data looks like and implement tactical initiatives that ensure all data sources meet or exceed this view
• Developing and maintaining data governance/data protection policies, standards and procedures that ensure confidentiality of personal and business data and adhere to legal and statutory requirements
• Managing ongoing adherence to these policies, standards and processes reporting up to group a single coherent view of the Compare the Market business on a regular basis
• Investigating Data Governance incidents ensuring root cause analysis and follow up actions are implemented to prevent repeat incidents and that lessons learned are disseminated across relevant teams
• Maintenance and improvement of the RAG status of the controls implemented around the projects you work on
What will it take?
• A born leader and mentor you provide direction & focus, share knowledge and ideas and are happy to coach and mentor junior roles
• Relevant and extensive knowledge and experience of data governance approaches, practices, toolkits and pitfalls in large organisation and will require the post holder to retain this expertise and develop it further, remaining up to date with key changes in data and privacy legislation and policy
• A high level of attention to detail, evidenced by the early detection of potential data governance issues
• Enthusiasm, motivation and resourcefulness, with the initiative to recognise and act on problems and opportunities, and the drive to influence colleagues across the business to develop action plans to achieve desired outcomes and move toward a common vision or goal
• Demonstrate strong planning & organisational skills; be able to multi-task and focus time and energy on the most value adding tasks
• Being self-motivated and have an energetic approach, showing interest in understanding busi-ness process and how data governance interfaces and supports
• You are technically savvy and not afraid to learn a new tool or methodology (agile, asana, JIRA, Confluence, Yammer, Slack, SQL, Excel, Power BI, Office, Sharepoint… to name a few)
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We have reached 9.5 million customers through brands including CompareTheMarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it!
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.