As a Cyber Security Technical Lead you’ll provide a technical 'hands on' approach, securing BGL Groups infrastructure through installing and maintaining various tooling whilst adhering to cyber security standards for configuring technical appliances. You’ll deliver effective advice to technical teams in the wider business areas on new and/or current cyber security projects. This role will have no direct line management but will advise more junior team members on cyber security best practice.
The significance of your contribution is to be known as the technical subject matter expert on cyber security matters across the group. Your success is dependent on the following activities:
• Leading security initiatives, including building/configuring new tooling and ensure cyber security best practice
• Coordinating and engaging with internal business units, security providers and external 3rd parties, ensuring the estate is secure by maintaining/employing ‘defence in depth’ measures.
• Using the cyber kill chain methodology to ensure attack vectors are detected and mitigated
• Continually improve the technical defence protocols of email related attack vectors
• Working with business units ensure all sensitive data is protected by driving technical controls and assisting with their implementation
• Providing cyber security advice to BGLs business unit technical experts enhancing new and current initiatives
What will it take to be successful as a Cyber Security Technical Lead?
• Excellent knowledge of various operating systems and infrastructure and how to secure data as it flows through networks
• Excellent knowledge of ‘scripting' in order to expedite BaU tasks and integrate with APIs etc
• Understand network architecture and how to best secure multiple LANs over VPNs and other remote appliances
• Good knowledge of current cyber security frameworks and how to enhance the technical control areas
• Good understanding of the cyber kill chain to ensure effective controls are maintained or installed at each stage
• Good inter-personable skills that will influence other IT professionals in the wider group, maintaining the cyber security maturity culture.
Why choose us?
BGL Group is offering an extremely technical cyber security ‘hands on’ role. This is ideal for a cyber security professional who enjoys the breadth of technical challenges and the role actively promotes innovative thinking. BGL group is a business who prides itself on its cyber maturity, data protection and the ability to lead the market within the FinTech space.
We grow because we are…
We are AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.