This is a fantastic opportunity to join us at Compare the Market as our new Cyber Security Analyst. Working as a Cyber Security Analyst at CompareTheMarket is fast paced role which requires keen attention to detail and understanding of how to secure & analyse a cloud based environment. As our Cyber Analyst your primary interest is to protect Comparethemarkets primary infrastructure from malicious activity whilst striving to drive positive security adaptations across the business.
You will be involved in monitoring cloud networks and systems, detecting security threats, analysing and investigating alarms and reporting on any incidents that occur involving the above. Being on the front line defending/improving CtM's infrastructure means the job is often fast paced, with each day presenting a new challenge to overcome.
Location – Old St, London (We will be working a hybrid model post pandemic)
Salary & Benefits – Besides a competitive salary we will offer the usual 25 days annual leave, Pension as well as tons of other flexible benefits (Think 2 for 1 Cinema/Meal tickets, shopping discounts etc)
Some of the great stuff you will be doing with us:
- Monitoring CtM's cloud networks and systems for the following:
○ Security threats and access/identity management.
○ Analysing and investigating alerts/alarms from various security tools (including EDR, PAM and more).
○ Reporting on incidents which are identified by the above.
- Building relationships with teams across the company and introducing better security practices within those teams.
- Monitoring our CDN solution, as well updating and implementing WAF and Rate Limiting.
- Generating reports which provide detailed coverage on Security within CtM's estate.
- Providing valuable advice to colleagues with complex security based questions.
- Understanding phishing and common phishing techniques used to infiltrate corporate networks
- Training and informing colleagues about the dangers of phishing.
- Keeping up to date with emerging cyber news and vulnerabilities.
What we need to see from you:
- Knoweldge/experience in Python
- Experience in Cyber Incident Response and Intrusion Detection & Analysis
- Understand how policies and standards interact with frameworks
- Experience in a similar role within a matrixed and virtual environment with several stakeholders - internal and external
- Strong analytical & communication skills
- Attention to detail and high-quality output
Why choose us?
You might already know us - we're the ones with the Meerkats! Compare the Market has helped revolutionise the insurance market and we have been growing rapidly since starting in 2006.
We are on a mission to transform the comparison industry, moving beyond endless forms and generic search results, to a highly personalised, service-led experience. In order to do so, we recognise that we need to consistently deliver seamless, personalised customer experiences through a highly secure, connected data and technology ecosystem.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
'We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout the application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made, please let us know. We will work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.’