We have an exciting opportunity to join InfoSec as a manager within a community of cyber security technical professionals. A team player, you’ll will be responsible for becoming the SME who ensures our detection/protection tools are installed and maintained across all infrastructure both on premise and in the cloud.
You must be able to collaborate well within a team environment, understand technical terminology and be able to turn technical datasets into comprehensive MI packs. Additionally, you must understand scripting and be willing to learn and embrace languages such as PowerShell and Python to produce outputs quickly and effectively. You’ll already understand working with vulnerability management, blue teams, red teams and Incident response, and be able to multi-task and coordinate across the cyber security functions, continually bringing new and innovative ideas to reality.
What will it take?
- Collaboration in a team environment and the wider business driving a cyber security ethos whilst being sensitive to stakeholder business priorities
- Understanding of cyber risk and how it enhances the security of the business
- Strive to improve the cyber security of the company by carrying out on-going cyber assessments of current protection/detection tools
- Maintain our detection and protection tools, problem solve and report on the findings
- Be innovative, help develop and implement new cyber security ideas for the environment.
- Perform security reviews which identify gaps in our security posture
- Review and automating the output created from the tools for quicker analysis
- Ensure our regulatory deadlines are met to ensure we pass external and internal audits
Whilst we think the above skills are ideal, we remain open to hear from applicants that come from diverse backgrounds who believe they have transferable skills for consideration. We’re also open to exploring flexible working options and discussing any conditions requiring reasonable adjustments to be made to support your application. Please get in the touch with the recruitment team if required.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We have reached 10 million customers through brands including comparethemarket.com, LesFurets.com, BGL Life, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct, as well as our partnerships business which provides insurance for some of the UK’s leading high street brands. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
Assuming we have caught your interest, apply now and we will look forward to making contact in due course.