We’ve an exciting role for a Cyber Analyst to join our Insurance, Distribution and Outsourcing commercial business.
This is a Technical role with some assurance activities, you’ll be focused on the triaging of incident response tickets and alerts (both cloud and on-premise environments) and knowing when to elevate risks and issues. Our role will encompass:
- Collaborative working with Infosec, DevOps and platform teams, and Cyber Risk Manager and to cover periods of absence for other Infosec roles
- Responsibility for automating daily tasks, joining up current or new systems to ensure a more efficient working practice and advise on technical cyber security issues
- Responsible for setting, explaining and completing technical findings that are proposed in audit reviews and red team exercises
- Contribution toward a continuous improvement culture which is innovative and customer centric
- Collaboration with technical colleagues and stakeholders to achieve business goals
In this role, you’ll:
- Be Responsible for providing advice for everything cyber security related
- Automate key processes and provide ongoing testing of security controls
- Triage of security incidents to identify nefarious behavior, malicious code and indications of compromise
- Learn new skills such as forensics and threat hunting to investigate and defend against new threats
- Implement new security technologies for the environment under direction of SMEs within the area
- Understand cyber security frameworks to assist SMEs in achieving security outcomes
- Perform analysis of logs/alerts from security tools and identify anomalies
- Document and evidence PCI DSS security controls for attestation
- Perform line 1 security control checks against applications and systems
- Assist with vulnerability management and incident response when required and contribute to reporting
- Contribute to 3rd party DD reviews identify security risks when required
- Contribute to a continuous improvement culture within the team
- Actively contribute and support the departments technical communities
- Actively share learnings and regular take opportunities to improve practices, systems and processes
- Provide regular team updates to peers, wider technology team and stakeholders
What will it take to be successful?
- Experience in an enterprise technical cyber security role
- Ability to code in multiple scripting languages
- Experience of Cyber Incident Response processes and triage
- Knowledge and experience of Linux and Windows environments
- Understand how policies and standards interact with frameworks
- Analytical and data driven approach to problem solving
- Strong communication, collaboration & stakeholder management
- Experience of fast paced 24/7 365 digital environment
Highly advantageous skills:
- Degree in Cyber Security or relevant qualifications
- CEH and/or CISSP certifications
- Working PCI DDS knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge of Infosec and Cyber security standards
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
Diversity and Inclusion: We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
Flexible working: We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout our application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We’ll work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.