Here at BGL we like to be different – we provide a range of motor, home and life insurance, and exist to make insurance simple and accessible. Our digital, technical and data capabilities are something to be proud of, and we recognise there’s still more to be done!
The Business Technology division in the Insurance, Distribution and Outsourcing side of BGL are currently recruiting for a Control Centre Analyst to join their busy and dedicated department. This role will feed into a larger team to provide monitoring and alerting for key systems and services, and includes website journeys, infrastructure and IT hardware. Employed on a shift-based role, the IT Control Centre team keep operations running across a 24/7, 365 days a year working structure.
As a Control Centre Analyst, you will play an important part within BGL to ensure that our IT infrastructure runs smoothly, and any issues/ faults are investigated and escalated. There are a series of daily scheduled checks within each system which you will run throughout your shift. Once a system alert has been identified you will need to work with both internal teams and 3rd parties to ensure that the fault is rectified with immediate effect. On faults which are deemed business critical you will escalate these issues up to key business stakeholders to ensure that they take priority over BAU tasks.
Working as a Control Centre Analyst you will take ownership of each incident from initial discovery through to resolution. Due to the nature of this work, this role will be shift based working on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern. This will include a mixture of days and nights dependent upon business needs. At the start of every shift there is a handover process where each analyst will update a report/activity log to highlight all incidents which have occurred and the status of each to include upcoming work requirements.
What are the key responsibilities?
• Incident Management - Manage the recovery, documentation and resolution, where applicable, of incidents / and completion of problems actions to agreed service levels
• System Monitoring – Using tools such as Eggplant (for website monitoring), Solar Winds (for network and infrastructure monitoring) and other in-house tools
• Security Management – Monitoring of the security configuration of the technical infrastructure to ensure System and Data-integrity at all times, to BGL security policies
• Performance Management - Monitor the performance and capacity of application and infrastructure, in line with the scope of the role and to business needs, and deliver appropriate capacity changes in a cost effective and timely manner
What will it take to be successful?
• Strong Analytical skills with the ability to understand complex reports & charts drawing conclusions based on the data
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Previous work experience within incident management
• An understanding of the systems and tools such as Active Directory, Group Policy & Exchange
• Ability to diagnoses alerts and undertake remediation activity to fix the most common problems
• You will provide effective support to resolver groups by assisting in the investigation of Events and Incidents
• Have a flexible approach to the work you undertake and show commitment to fulfilling all tasks to achieve a successful outcome
• An understanding of Wintel technology and IBM iSeries (desirable)
• Owns through to resolution Events and Incidents
Why Choose Us?
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. BGL Group has reached 9.5 million customers through brands including comparethemarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.