What will you do as a Senior Manager for Consumer Credit do at BGL Group?
As well as being responsible for our Consumer Credit product you'll be the subject matter expert for this area within our IDO (Insurance Distribution & Outsourcing) Division. Your mission will be to ensure great customer and commercial outcomes are achieved by identifying, delivering and monitoring all regulatory, business and customer requirements relating to consumer credit.
Reporting to the Director of IDO Commercial and Digital, as part of the Product Development and Governance team, you will be pivotal in developing the consumer credit strategy, including regulatory horizon scanning, keeping abreast of competitor propositions, as well as broader market activity. You’ll own the consumer credit product ensuring it is performing well and making recommendations to the business regarding changes required.
Ultimately, your role within BGL Group will have a huge impact on our financial results through credit related income and associated credit risk.
What will it take?
- An expert understanding of consumer lending (inc. CONC and CCA), having worked in a lending environment (bank, credit card, insurance, etc.)
- Commercially astute, able to understand competitor propositions as well as customer needs and expectations from our products
- Ability to work with other product owners to identify and deliver commercial and customer opportunities relating to the credit lifecycle.
- Strong experience of liaising at a senior level, sitting in senior forums and making recommendations at board level
- Resilience combined with the ability to partner with various business units to maintain alignment
- Strong influencing skills
- Experience in personal lines insurance would be beneficial but not essential
1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to
3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household
financial services. We have reached 9.5 million customers through brands
including CompareTheMarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance
& Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and
communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and
have fun doing it!
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
To do this - find the button to refer at the right-hand side of the page, you'll need your contact's email address and then you're good to go. If you have any questions, please email your Recruitment contact.