We are now on the lookout for a Compliance Advisory Manager to provide compliance advisory support services to BGL Insurance helping to ensure good customer outcomes and that business solutions meet regulatory compliance standards.
Reporting to the Senior Compliance Advisory Manager, key accountabilities will include:
- Delivering and maintaining customer approvals of all financial promotions and all customer affecting change to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Reviewing, assessing, and communicating emerging regulatory change identifying impacts (and opportunities) to ensure BGL Insurance remains compliant with regulatory standards.
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery of formal responses to FCA consultations and other information requests.
- Supporting Business change and regulatory change projects.
- Advising on new product designs and product reviews undertaken by the business, and related governance and control processes.
- Identifying and assessing any regulatory risks and/or issues arising from business incidents, and to support customer solutions and customer remediation as appropriate.
- Identifying and escalating regulatory risks, including regulatory breaches, to the R&C senior management team and other senior stakeholders as appropriate.
- Sharing knowledge across the team to help ensure robust and consistent compliance advice.
- Supporting third-party reviews and information requests by partners and insurers, helping manage the relationships effectively and in line with BGL Insurance’s compliance risk appetite.
What will it take to be successful as a Compliance Advisory Manager?
- A good understanding of current regulatory and legislative framework relevant to BGL Insurance, both Motor & Home and Life insurance
- Good knowledge and experience working within an FCA regulated business
- Good knowledge of customer journeys (digital & telesales), the insurance/premium finance product lifecycle and associated customer-facing processes
- Customer outcomes and results focus
- Experience of financial promotions, incidents management support and working with third party affinity partners and/or insurers
- Self-starting and strong interpersonal skills, and being a team player
- Stakeholder management skills, and able to interact and influence in senior level forums
- Resilience and pragmatism to balance compliance and commercial outcomes effectively
- A good understanding of the insurance industry and/or high-volume customer services organisations
- Appropriate Compliance qualification preferred, or willingness to work towards this.
We are open to hear from applicants that come from various backgrounds who believe they have some transferable skills for consideration. We will continue to review and progress the most qualified and suitable individuals.
Why Choose Us?
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. BGL Group has reached 9.5 million customers through brands including comparethemarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues, and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative, and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and stand firmly against discrimination of any kind.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.