As our Business Systems Senior Manager, you’ll be critical in the delivery of effective internal systems supporting operational efficiency of our Insurance Distribution and Outsourcing (IDO) commercial business. You’ll lead on enterprise systems and support automation through SharePoint of services across IDO. Your purpose will be to:
- Engage with stakeholders, developing roadmaps and business cases, planning and organising team workload across delivery priorities
- Deliver effective solutions, designed with the end-user in mind, which are simple to maintain and resilient
- Evaluate new automation technologies which meet new use cases focusing on cost effective processes and services.
- Embed and drive a continuous improvement culture which is innovative and end user centric
- Work with a high level of autonomy. Collaborate with technology colleagues, stakeholders and 3rd party partners to achieve business goals
In this role, you’ll:
- Manage, develop and deliver services and solutions to meet the operation needs of our Customer Services function
- Shape and drive strategic prioritises, aligning technical teams/resource effectively
- Role model leadership, ownership and accountability behaviours expected within the role
- Ensure that Enterprise systems are fit for purpose across IDO
- Ensure that end user design is central to design thinking
- Evaluate new opportunities for operational automations
- Ensure solutions availability, stability, resilience and performance meet business needs
- Maintain and develop a costs roadmap which meets the needs of all stakeholders
- Delivery of projects, introducing new functions, features and services
- Working with Architects and operational teams to align solutions and services
- Management of a small pool of in-house development resource and where needed 3rd party partners
- Actively share learnings and regularly take opportunities to improve systems and processes
- Ensure transparency and provide regular updates to peers, wider technology team and stakeholders
What will it take to be successful?
- Recognised leader and strategic thinker with excellent influencing skills
- Highly organised with great communication skills
- Continuous delivery and SDLC experience
- Strong stakeholder and 3rd party management experience
- Experience of fast paced 24/7 365 digital environment
- People Management experience with strong experience of coaching and mentoring
Highly advantageous skills:
- Project management experience
- Financial management (budgets and forecasts)
- Proven experience in a complex, large scale enterprise environment
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
Diversity and Inclusion: We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
Flexible working: We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout our application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We’ll work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.