Challenge. Build. Learn. Grow
comparethemarket.com is the UK’s most loved price comparison site.
Our Data Engineering team are looking for a Business Analyst help us deliver a wide range of exciting new initiatives. You’ll be at the forefront of this change, using your experience and expertise to foster collaboration, gather and explain requirements and most importantly to ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything we do. Is this you?
Your role will involve:
What will it take?
- Focussing on the right thing for our customers, ensuring we are solving the right problem and can measure the value we add.
- Working in a lively and committed agile team where delivering customer value is always top priority.
- Sharing knowledge through pairing, mentoring and presentations
- Playing a key role in the regular heartbeat of an agile team: planning, retrospectives, showcases and continuous improvement.
- Collaboration with users, product owners, stakeholders and engineers to define user stories and solutions.
- Being in an environment where you're encouraged to innovate and share your own ideas.
- Getting down in to the detail of 'how things hang together'.
- Enjoying career progression that you own and drive.
- Having fun!
We want you to play a vital role in helping to shape our future. We are looking for:
- Experience in a business analysis or similar role.
- Experience of working with data and data technologies:
- Ideally AWS RedShift or a similar data warehousing solution like SQL Server or Oracle.
- Data processing pipelines.
- Sensitive/personal data.
- Data applications from simple reporting through analytics to applied machine learning.
- Experience with and an understanding of MarTech practices and tools would be beneficial.
- Thrives in a fast-paced digital environment.
- Collaborator, negotiator and problem solver.
- Naturally curious about acquiring new knowledge and skills.
- Awesome facilitation skills.
The benefits package and salary are excellent - competitive and comprehensive.
You’ll enjoy a contributory pension, a progressive workplace, great facilities and rewards as well as a range of other benefits that you would expect from a great employer.
We never stand still…
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. Home too many brands including, Junction, Comparethemarket.com, BeagleStreet, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We’re trusted by more than 10 million customer in the UK alone - with this foundational success we continue to grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it.
We grow because we live and breathe our values…
AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.