We have an opportunity in comparethemarket.com for an Associate Director – Risk. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious and experienced Risk professional to further their career in a market leading, exciting and customer centric digital business. You will report to the Risk and & Compliance Director, a member of the Executive Team, to provide leadership across the team to grow and maintain our Risk and Compliance strategy and culture that supports the business ambitions.
This is a critical role to partner with the Executive and extended leadership team, providing second line of defence challenge and support in all areas of Risk. It is an exciting time for the business and the Risk function, with an opportunity for an individual to shape the maturity of the risk framework, processes and ways of working in the team.
This role is a certification function within the Senior Manager and Certification Regime.
What will it take?
• Deep understanding of enterprise wide Risk Management, with a focus on Operational and Regulatory risk in an FCA regulated environment
• The ability to translate the strategic Risk profile into operational risk practices that deliver value in a fast paced, digital business environment
• An experienced senior Risk leader with a coaching and mentoring style, comfortable with driving the development of teams and individuals for high performance
• Proven track record of a highly collaborative approach, with excellent business partnering and stakeholder management across business units and Group functions
• Excellent communicator and influencer at board, executive and senior management level
• Pragmatic and proportionate, able to balance commercial objectives and customer outcomes
• Able to navigate between themes/trends and detailed analysis
• Ability to support and challenge others constructively
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout our application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We will work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.