We have an exciting new opportunity to join comparethemarket.com as an Associate Director – Risk. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious and experienced Risk professional to further their career in a market leading, exciting and customer centric digital business. You will report to the Risk and & Compliance Director, a member of the Executive Team, to provide leadership across the team to grow and maintain our Risk and Compliance strategy and culture that supports the business ambitions.
This is a critical role to partner with the Executive and extended leadership team, providing challenge and support in all areas of Risk. You will successfully lead the Risk function and support the Risk and Compliance Director in designing and maintaining the optimum operating model for the function to support business growth.
This role is a certification function within the Senior Manager and Certification Regime.
What will it take?
• Deep understanding of enterprise wide Risk Management, with a focus on Operational and Regulatory risk in an FCA regulated environment
• The ability to translate the strategic Risk profile into operational risk practices that deliver value in a fast paced, digital business environment
• An experienced senior Risk leader with a coaching and mentoring style, comfortable with driving the development of teams and individuals for high performance
• Proven track record of a highly collaborative approach, with excellent business partnering and stakeholder management across business units and Group functions
• Excellent communicator and influencer at board, executive and senior management level
• Pragmatic and proportionate, able to balance commercial objectives and customer outcomes
• Able to navigate between themes/trends and detailed analysis
• Ability to support and challenge others constructively
Why choose us?
You might already know us - we're the ones with the Meerkats! Compare the Market has helped revolutionise the insurance market and we have been growing rapidly since starting in 2006.
We are on a mission to transform the comparison industry, moving beyond endless forms and generic search results, to a highly personalised, service-led experience. In order to do so, we recognise that we need to consistently deliver seamless, personalised customer experiences through a connected data and technology ecosystem.
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Junction, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it!
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.