Associate Director- Data Insights
comparethemarket.com (CTM) are on a mission to transform the comparison industry, moving beyond endless forms and generic search results, to a highly personalised, service-led experience. In order to do so, we recognise the need to unlock the significant value sitting within our own data, turning numbers into actionable insight that propels our business to the next phase.
The Associate Director Data Insights is a key hire and will set the strategic direction for our Insights, Reporting and Data Science functions. They will establish the central role of the team within the organisation, setting clear priorities and driving a culture of value generation through data and insight. They will work with a range of stakeholders to identify areas of greatest business value, and deliver against strategic business information needs, such as customer behavioural analysis, trading reports and partner insights.
What will you be responsible for as CtM’s AD for Data Insights?
• Provide thought-leadership to both the analytics team and wider business, driving a culture of value generation through the creative use of data and insight
• Develop and socialise the Data Insights strategic roadmap, ensuring it’s clearly articulated and fully understood across Compare the Market
• Democratise access to reporting and insights throughout the business, placing customer insight at the heart of all decision-making
• Deliver against strategic business information needs, such as customer behavioural analysis, trading reports and partner insights
• Develop and leverage collaborative relationships with senior stakeholders with specific reference to Marketing, Customer Experience, Product & agencies as appropriate
• Partner with technical teams to help expedite infrastructural data transformation and prioritise against areas of greatest potential value
• Identify, evaluate and appoint data software partners, adhering to BGL Group policies on contracts & supplier management
• Deliver measurable improvement of core KPIs including Average Policy Holding, Customer Retention Rate and LTV
• Shape the consumer insight agenda and work across teams to ensure it’s delivered
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the key drivers to business performance
• Lead & develop the Data Insights team including Insights, Analytics, Reporting and Research specialists (team size c30), moving towards a more proactive approach to analysis
What will it take to be successful as CtM’s AD for Data Insights?
• An ability to shape and align the data strategy to the business strategy, ensuring buy-in from across teams
• Demonstrable track record of delivering significant value and profitability through the creative use of reporting & analytics, as well as emerging techniques and technologies
• Demonstrable track record of driving the customer data agenda – using a range of data sets incl. 1st, 2nd and 3rd party
• Can provide an internal data consultancy to the business; expressing ideas with clarity, confidence and logical reasoning
• Are a leader and motivator with experience of leading a large team
• Commercial focus and pragmatism
• Innovation and creativity
• Self- motivation & pro-activity
What to expect?
An agile business with a “fail fast and learn” mentality, CtM believes in innovating at pace to deliver the very best for our customers. Our culture is built on empowerment, accountability and personal development and our ambition is for every UK household to benefit from the most reliable, available and personal comparison service there is and we constantly challenge ourselves to make each visit better than the last.
We are AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.