Associate Director (AD), Web Operations
Leading our journey into the cloud!
At BGL we believe that the intelligent application of emerging technologies has made the insurance landscape ripe for disruption and we’re well placed to be at the leading edge of this change. We want to provide our customers and commercial partners with the most reliable, secure and innovative digital experiences possible. We’re constantly challenging ourselves to make each visit better than the last.
We’re looking for someone to join our technology leadership team with responsibility for owning our digital infrastructure strategy, including the use of cloud; enabling us to reach our ambitious targets around stability, speed to market and scalability. You will do this by leading and nurturing high performing platform & operations teams whilst looking for new ways to embrace emerging technologies to deliver commercial value.
We’re at the start of our journey into the cloud, our AD for Web Operations will own the setting and execution of this strategy.
What will you be responsible for as the AD for Web Operations?
- Produce a clear strategic roadmap for the WebOps team
- Design and implement an infrastructure strategy that;
- Maintains Stability at a minimum of 99.9% availability, ensuring relevant processes are in place to sustain this goal
- Enables teams to increase Speed to Market. Aiming for a cycle time of 1 day
- Ensures that IDO operates on scalable infrastructure with 20% headroom during peak traffic
- At all times have Security at the centre of our operational management and strategic planning
What will it take to be successful as the AD for Web Operations?
- Great leadership, communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to quickly make sound and risk-based judgements
- Tech literate with experience of: Agile, Scrum, Lean, Kanban, XP
- Demonstrable experience of running an effective WebOps team delivering high availability online systems
- Demonstrable experience of establishing an Infrastructure strategy incorporating Cloud environments for strategic advantage
We never stand still…
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, CompareTheMarket, Beagle Street, Junction, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas. We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it!
We grow because we are…
We are AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.