We have a great opportunity to join BGL as an Assistant Accountant. This opportunity is for an ambitious individual to further their career in a future focussed and customer centric business.
You will be an integral part of the central Finance team, providing support for a range of tasks including collating monthly management information and financial accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, cost management and journal processing.
What will it take?
- You will be part qualified or studying towards a finance qualification
- Previous experience in a similar role, with a general understanding of finance principles
- You’ll have experience in assisting in preparation of month end management accounts.
- Experience in assisting in preparation of year-end financial accounts would be beneficial.
- An analytical nature, comfortable preparing and analysing expenditure, including variance analysis, and supporting financial queries, ad hoc financial reporting and analysis
- The ability to assist in the production of the annual budget and forecasting including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow
- Strong MS Excel skills, with the ability to analyse and interpret large amounts of data
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
Diversity and Inclusion: We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
Flexible working: We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout our application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We’ll work with you to make any appropriate arrangement.