Start date: May 2019
Are you ready to build a career in the world of Insurance Products? Here at BGL we’re investing in our future by growing our own talent through our Apprenticeship schemes -
We continue to keep the customer at the centre of what we do here at BGL Group – we have been incredibly successful, because we act quickly, and think differently. We’re always ahead of the game; using the best technology, working with the best people along with our industry leading partners to ensure we’re keeping things, simple.
Joining our Home and Motor Product team, you’ll be working with some of the UK's top consumer brands and insurers, who specialise in Home and Motor insurance.
As an Apprentice Product Executive, you’ll learn how we stay ahead of the market by developing innovative market streams, assist in evolving our first class customer journeys and strive to ensure we are consistent and compliant in the products we sell. You will develop your commercial knowledge by supporting Senior Product Executives, as well as gaining an insight into how we develop our product offering by liaising with other internal departments and collating information.
In our 18 month scheme, you’ll grow your career towards becoming a Product Executive, by delivering real business objectives that add value to our customers and income streams, as well achieving a level 3 Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship Scheme, gaining a CII qualification in Insurance .
Initially, you’ll spend the first few weeks in your new team, embedding into BGL Group life and building new network, as well as completing additional training in our sales teams to fully imbed the customer sales journey. Once you start your apprenticeship journey with our training provider, you will take part in face to face and online webinar sessions and as part of the scheme you will need to successfully pass three Insurance examinations. You will be given all the tools to be successful in completing your apprenticeship.
What will you be responsible for as a Product Executive Apprentice?
- Support colleagues in ensuring that Motor and Home's product propositions meet the needs of customers
- Support the delivery of new products that add customer and commercial value
- Support the Senior Product Executive team with customer market product research
- Review customers journey
- Support answering business queries, provide product knowledge and track resolutions
- Support the delivery of product related changes, ensuring positive customer and business outcomes are achieved
- Support the development of existing partner propositions, and acquisition of new affinity partners
- Develop understanding and knowledge of insurance industry, internal products and industry and customer needs
- Arrange team meetings, prepare agendas, take minutes and actions
What will it take to be successful as a Product Executive Apprentice?
- Desirable to have GCSE’s in Math’s & English language Grades A*-C, or the new grades 4-9 including (or equivalent).
- You are passionate about delivering excellent customer service.
- You have an eye for the detail
- Experience of working with Microsoft packages including excel, word, power point
- You will have excellent communication skills with the drive to contribute towards team success
- Willingness and commitment to self-learn, and happy to commit towards study hours outside of work
We never stand still…
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. Home to many brands including, Comparethemarket.com, Junction, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We’re trusted by more than 10 million customers in the UK alone - with this foundational success we continue to grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
We grow because we live and breathe our values…
We are AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal firstname.lastname@example.org
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.