Salary: Starting Salary £25,000
Start date: 16th September.
Are you ready to build a new career in the world of Tech? At comparethemarket.com (CtM) our passion is creating great software, we look to push the boundaries with new technologies so that we can deliver the very best for our customers and our Software Engineers are at the heart of delivering this. We are developing talent with our amazing apprenticeship opportunities to launch your career into software engineering.
If you’re creative, enjoy problem solving and an active learner, then this is the programme for you!
Joining our team as a Junior Software Engineer at comparethemarket.com, you’ll learn how we develop and deliver first class tech solutions to contribute to an evolving culture of innovation, enthusiasm and passion.
You’ll have the opportunity to work within a small agile team to develop first class software engineering solutions, whilst having access to a wide range of technologies to create a first-class customer proposition. We’re invested in your success and will support and encourage your professional and personal career development.
In our one year intensive training programme, there is a strong focus on self-learning and development, you‘ll spend your first week understanding our innovative culture at comparethemarket.com’s tech hub in Peterborough, before spending the next 12 weeks attending a leading our web developer boot camp with Makers Academy at our Peterborough site. This will kick start your coding journey on a Level 4 Software Developer Standard Apprenticeship.
Following on from boot camp, you’ll join one of our tech teams at our tech hub in our Peterborough office, where you will develop your career towards either a Software Engineer or Test Engineer, delivering real business projects that add value to our customers.
What will you be responsible for as a Junior Software Engineer?
- Developing first class software engineering solutions
- Work alongside team members to deliver features and add value to your team.
- Solving complex problems
- Champion simplicity
- Understanding how our customers interact with our products
- Working with agile methodologies and lean thinking methods
- Presenting your findings and making recommendations to improve business performance
- Contributing to the team by sharing knowledge, ideas and findings
What will it take to be successful as a Junior Software Engineer?
- You must have Maths and English Language Grades A*-C (or equivalent).
- You must NOT hold a qualification in an equivalent or higher qualification in computing
- You’ll be an active learner, both within your technical and professional areas of expertise, taking control of your own career development
- You’ll be naturally inquisitive
- You will have excellent communication skills with the drive to contribute to a team
- You’re highly logical with creative problem solving skills
- You have a passion for technology, with some exposure to modern programming language (e.g. .Net, C#, React,SQL .node)
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We have reached 9.5 million customers through brands including CompareTheMarket.com, LesFurets.com, Beagle Street, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it!
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.