Pathway Apprenticeship – Level 3 – Sept 2018 Intake
Salary: £15,500 plus £877.50 shift allowance (for the first 6 months)
Our Pathway programme is designed for those that are excited to gain business knowledge and skills outside of full time education. In this two year programme, you’ll have the opportunity to experience different areas of the business, giving you the prospect in finding your future career.
We continue to keep the customer at the centre of what we do here at BGL Group – we have been incredibly successful, because we act quickly and think differently. We’re always ahead of the game; using the best technology, working with the best people along with our industry leading partners to ensure we’re keeping things, simple.
Joining our Pathway programme, your appetite for driving exceptional standards will deliver excellent journeys for our customers. You’ll become part of the success we achieve through first class solutions, contributing to an evolving culture of innovation, enthusiasm and passion. You’ll have the opportunity to work within a number of different teams, building some great relationships. You’ll be given the chance to explore different departments, gaining new experiences along the way – You’ll impact the future of our business.
In our two year scheme, you’ll shape your customer centric career - while studying toward a level three Insurance Practitioner Standard. This is a fantastic rotational scheme, which will give you an insight into the variety of different departments and roles here at BGL. You will spend the first 6 months in one of our award winning Contact Centres, you will then branch out into different 6 month rotations across the organisation. This could be a rotation within one of our operational teams, where you’ll have access to customer data and have the opportunity to analyse and evaluate or you could be working within one of our customer relations teams, or one of our many support functions, such as IT, Finance and Marketing.
We’re invested in your success and align you with a business mentor who will support and encourage your professional and personal career development.
What will you be responsible for as a Pathway Apprentice?
- Delivering exceptional customer service
- Keeping up to date with processes and product knowledge
- Resolving customer complaints and overcoming objectives
- Participating in team activities and providing constructive input
- Working with the business to ensure we consistently meet and exceed customer requirements
- Contributing to the wider team by sharing knowledge, ideas and findings
What will it take to be successful as a Pathway Apprentice?
- You must have 5 GCSEs Grades A*-C, or the new grades 4-9 including Math’s & English language (or equivalent).
- You’ll have 2 A levels (or equivalent), at C or above
- You’re naturally self-motivated with an appetite and commitment to learn
- You will have excellent communication skills with the drive to contribute towards team success
- Willingness and commitment to self-learn, and happy to commit towards study hours outside of work
- Be able to work between the hours of 8am-10pm Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm on Saturdays & 9am-5pm on Sundays (whilst on your first rotation in the contact centre)
We never stand still…
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. Home too many brands including, Comparethemarket.com, Junction, BeagleStreet, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We’re trusted by more than 10 million customer in the UK alone - with this foundational success we continue to grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
We grow because we live and breathe our values…
We are AMBITIOUS. We’re obsessed with delivering for our customers. We’re relentless in driving exceptional standards. We act boldly and take personal accountability.
We are CREATIVE. We think differently and disrupt markets to benefit consumers. We use technology to innovate. We try new things, fail fast and apply our learning's.
We are AUTHENTIC. We’re open, transparent and build trust. We challenge positively. We enjoy what we do and have fun doing it.
We are UNITED. We’re one BGL. We respect, encourage and care for each other. We work, grow and win together.