Starting Salary: £16,000 per annum plus shift allowance (first six months).
Start Date: September 2020
On our two-year Pathway programme, you’ll experience working in different areas of BGL, developing your business knowledge and professional skills, while studying towards a nationally recognised qualification. Curious to find out more…...?
You’ll become part of the success we achieve through first-class solutions, contributing to an evolving culture of innovation, enthusiasm and passion. If you’re not quite sure where you want to take your career right now, this programme provides you with opportunity to explore this.
Through our rotational apprenticeship programme, you’ll spend the first six months in our award-winning contact centre, where you’ll get to know our customers, our brands and our services. You’ll then continue your journey onto three further rotations, of 6 months each. This could be a rotation within one of our Product teams, where you’ll become a part of creating and delivering exceptional customer experiences and services or a rotation within our Fraud team, where you’ll analyse customer data to prevent insurance fraud. Wherever your pathway programme takes you, you’ll learn from some of the best in the business.
As a Pathway apprentice you will grow your skills through hands-on experience, while studying towards a level three Insurance Practitioner or Business Administrator qualification. We’re highly invested in your development and introduce you to a mentor, who is there to help you reach your full potential.
What will you be responsible for as a Pathway Apprentice?
- Delivering exceptional customer service
- Resolving customer complaints and overcoming objections
- Keeping up to date with processes and procedures
- Collaborating with the business to ensure we consistently meet and exceed customer requirements
- Contributing to the wider team by sharing knowledge, ideas and findings
What will it take to be successful as a Pathway Apprentice?
- 5 GCSEs Grades A*-C, or the new grades 4-9 including Math’s & English language (or equivalent).
- 2 A levels (or equivalent), at C or above
- You’re naturally self-driven, ambitious and curious
- You are resilient and embrace change
- You’re committed to self-learn
- You are flexible and can work between the hours of 8am-10pm Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm on Saturdays & 9am-5pm on Sundays (whilst on your first rotation in our contact centre)
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people, we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services. We have reached 10 million customers through brands including comparethemarket.com, LesFurets.com, BGL Life, Budget Insurance & Dial Direct, as well as our partnerships business which provides insurance for some of the UK’s leading high street brands. We make a difference for our customers, colleagues and communities by working, growing and winning together.
Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our colleagues