What is the challenge?
As an Application Architect for our Data Engineering team you will assume a key position providing architectural expertise and guidance that enables the vision of the overall solution to be delivered.
At CTM our Data Engineering team is at the heart of everything that we do. The team manages and works on multiple streams and projects that have high impact and importance for the business. Currently we are split into two teams that manage our Data Platform, our Core team that focuses on developing and maintaining the data platform as a whole and our Integration team that develops features that plug in to our internal and external customer products.
You will use your knowledge of the architectural configuration of your product area to influence decisions about what tools and technologies will enhance our service offering. This is a highly technical role and your enthusiasm for exploring new technology and tools will be valued in this team. Also, your ability to create architectural diagrams and technical designs that you can articulate to both developers and product owners, will allow you to have a significant impact on our business.
On top of that, you will have the opportunity to guide, mentor and coach a delivery team of data engineers, technical leads and business analysts, developing your own people management skills in the process. What will it take to be successful as an Application Architect?
As an experienced individual, you will be able to demonstrate involvement in the delivery of applications that underpin business or consumer facing products, and the part you played in improving their quality.
Also, you will be able to show:
Why choose us?
- Experience of defining product architecture
- Strong experience in Data Engineering - building strong, robust pipelines to ingest data from a variety of sources with a focus on real-time streaming (we process millions of events a day and deal with 100 TB’s of data here)
- Experience in Scala, Spark, Kafka & AWS (Redshift, Terraform and CodeBuild)
- Strong appreciation for modern software engineering principles (Agile, CI/CD, TDD/BDD)
- A background of mentoring and coaching technical colleagues
- Experience working with multiple patterns, domains, languages and persistence mechanisms as well as distributed systems
- That you are an active learner, keeping up to date with developments, concepts and technologies
- Passion about lean principles, keen to code and perform research and development into new technologies
- A structured approach to security, governance and standards and eager to further technical excellence at comparethemarket.com
- An awareness of security practices and how they apply in a high transaction environment
You might already know us - we're the ones with the Meerkats! Compare the Market has helped revolutionise the insurance market and we have been growing rapidly since starting in 2006.
We are on a mission to transform the comparison industry, moving beyond endless forms and generic search results, to a highly personalised, service-led experience. In order to do so, we recognise that we need to consistently deliver seamless, personalised customer experiences through a connected data and technology ecosystem. About BGL
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
We’re growing and we are home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Junction, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it! Diversity and Inclusion
We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness. Flexible working
We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.