We are looking for an Application Architect to join our services team building micro services in Node.js.
We are a diverse team from all different backgrounds and countries, we like to challenge each other and the way we work and we are always looking to improve. We have regular team days & nights out and pair up and mob on a regular basis.
Everyone in the team has an equal say on how we work, the design of our architecture and the code we write.
At comparethemarket.com, we look to push the edge with new technologies so that we can deliver the very best for our customers. Our team spirit means everyone's opinion is important in building top class software.
We are advocates and evangelists of Agile methodologies so that we are able to adapt and change course depending on business needs. Our focus is our customer, building UX driven software that we believe will make a difference.
We don’t just think of an architect designing the solution alone; you’ll work very closely with the teams, the product owner and the solution architects to help design and refine the most suitable architecture. Keeping in mind its not just about the technical skills you have; its also the way you work and the culture and practices you bring, we are looking for people who are passionate about good ways of working using Agile/XP practices; so if the below sounds like you we want to hear from you.
- Experience working with high volume transactional systems and hands on prototyping experience are highly desirable
- Acting as a trusted advisor to the business and technical colleagues will need to be second nature for you to get the best out of this role
- Do you want to get involved in disrupting the technology market with innovative ideas?
- Agile, XP, Lean, Pairing, TDD, Championing automation and driving CI/CD with a delivery focus all spring to mind when thinking about good ways of working
- you will need to be forward thinking, innovative and pragmatic with a healthy curiosity for all things technical.
- You thrive on working in teams, being heard and sharing the passion you have for creating software. You have a passion for building great software with the right tech.
As a ctm application architect, you will:
- Be responsible for designing and driving implementation of the services architecture alongside the Solutions Architect, whilst collaborating closely with the engineers in the team
- Be responsible for helping build the learning plans of all engineers within the services teams, mentoring and coaching when necessary
- Actively ensure the teams within services are meeting CtM engineering best practices, are customer focused and ensure that these are being followed and evolved
- Work with the wider AA community to move forward cross team initiatives and deliverables
- Work with the Product Owner and Solution Architect to prioritise the teams backlog
- Work with the Solution Architect to shape the products architecture
- Work with Technical leads to ensure the team follows the target architecture
- Own the metrics of the Immune System & drive the governance of technical products
- Have a detailed context of the CtM estate to build products and own the contracts therein
- Own the implementation of the products
- Ensure close, collaborative relationships with agile product teams for rapid decision making & with senior stakeholders.
Why choose us?
The benefits package and salary are comprehensive; As a part of the BGL group you’ll earn a competitive salary with an annual bonus of up to 10%, 25 days annual leave, private medical cover and a range of benefits that you’d expect from a great employer. Perhaps more importantly in this role you’ll have the opportunity to work with some outstanding people in a fun and thriving environment.
We focus on wellbeing (fresh fruit, discounted gym memberships, virtual GP), flexible benefits ‘to suit you’, unique perks, fab draw, fun days, instant rewards, movie nights, quiz nights and you get to choose your own kit.
Cool stuff for White Collar Factory
Roof Bar with fantastic terrace views, roof Running Track, Monthly Innovation and learning days, great work-life balance, MacBook Pros for all new starters, Pool Table, Table Tennis, Playstation, High End Coffee Machine Regular Free Desk Massage. Regular MeetUps and Social evenings. 300 secure Bike Racks, Showers and Lockers, Free Fruit & Cereal & weekly team breakfasts
To learn more about what it’s like to work at comparethemarket visit https://www.bglgroup.co.uk/comparethemarket/life-at
If you can see yourself succeeding in this role, it would be great to speak to you. The first step is to apply.
Opening Date: 15th October 2018
Closing Date: 15th November 2018