We have an exciting opportunity to join the Strategy team at BGL (Owner of Compare the Market) as a Group Strategy Analyst. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual (ideally recently qualified as an accountant) to further their career in a future focussed and customer centric business.
You will report directly to the Director of Strategy, actively supporting the growth and direction of Group Strategy & M&A, working collaboratively to support our business growth.
What will it take?
• You will be educated to degree level, and ideally be a fully qualified or exam qualified Chartered Accountant
• You’ll be comfortable analysing vast amounts of data, market research, target companies and products across all markets to support in developing the overall strategy and prospective M&A opportunities
• You’ll be curious in your approach. You’ll be comfortable researching and sourcing data where sometimes only limited information is available
• You will be meticulous by nature and able to contribute to strategic reports, read at Board level
• The ability to assist in project managing Group projects and ensuring high quality work is delivered on time
• An excellent communicator and influencer, with the ability to build strong networks across the Group
Founded in 1992, the BGL Group has grown significantly in size and capability. From 30 to 3,000 people globally we are a leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services.
You might already know us - we're the ones with the Meerkats! Compare the Market has helped revolutionise the insurance market. We are also home to such brands as; Les Furets, Beagle Street, Junction, Budget Insurance and Dial Direct. We are trusted by more than 10 million customers in the UK alone, with this foundational success we continually grow and invest in our people and their ideas.
We enjoy what we do and we have fun doing it!
Diversity and Inclusion: We're a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and talented professionals. With an inclusive and open workplace, we encourage our people to create and share ideas – supporting their growth and celebrating their uniqueness.
Flexible working: We understand the importance of achieving a healthy lifestyle balance, whether it’s working remotely or flexibly we have an environment where people are empowered to embrace flexible working in a way that works for them and for the business.
We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout our application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made please let us know. We’ll work with you to make any appropriate arrangement.