The BGL Group website has been built to meet the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) recommendations.
The key accessibility features included on this site are:
- All important images use a descriptive and meaningful alt tag.
- HTML is used for page structure and not for the positioning of page assets.
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) have been used to format and style the website.
- Pages have been kept simple with a clear navigational layout.
- The site’s look and feel is consistent throughout the whole site.
- Common fonts are used for all text.
- The site does not rely on images to convey information.
- Text colour is visible and does not clash with the background colour.
- The text size has not been hard coded so allowing the font size to increase or decrease according to the users needs.
1. Font Size
This website has been built allowing the user to change the site’s font size. Users can change the font size via the browser options.
Internet Explorer users on the PC should select ‘View’ in the navigation bar, then scroll down and roll over the sub navigation option ‘Text Size’.
You will be presented with five font size options ranging from ‘Smallest’ to ‘Largest.’
For Mac users using Internet Explorer select ‘View’ from the navigation bar, scroll down and roll over the ‘Text View’ sub navigation option.
You will see a range of text sizes in terms of percentages, as well as the general terms of ‘Smaller’ and ‘Larger’.