BGL Group News
- BGL Group rebrands its Dutch price comparison site
- BGL launches new director-level programme in conjunction with leading international business school
- BGL Group links up with the YMCA to support young people In Peterborough
- New Contact Centre Manager joins Fusion Coventry
- BGL Group reveals major increase in mobile traffic
- More News...
Graduate careers at BGL Group
Location: all Graduate roles will initially be based at our Head Office in Cambridgeshire
Start date: 1 September 2014
This isn't an ordinary Graduate opportunity. After all, this isn't an ordinary business. Since 1992, we've grown at a phenomenal pace to become a market leader with a whole range of brands, over seven million customers, more than 3000 employees and strong annual profits. This is a business which doubles in size every five years and we have not diverted from this trend in the last 15 years. This is growth with a tangible commitment and in the next five years we plan to double in size again, which goes to show that ambition and purpose can take you where you intend to be.
We're looking for talented Graduates with an entrepreneurial flair to join our marketing teams and help shape the next stage of our success story. You will join us on an 18 month programme and have the opportunity to experience different brands. You could be placed into the marketing team of a leading brand, like comparethemarket.com or Bennetts, or with rising stars such as our life insurance brand, Beagle Street. Some of you will even get the opportunity to learn your craft in a European rotation with our French and Dutch brands. These rotations will expose you to different types of marketing, working with different brands at different stages of development, giving you a really strong foundation in consumer marketing. We will provide you with all the support you need to turn your raw talent into an exceptional career. In a business that's perpetually ambitious and growth oriented, there's no limit to where that could take you.
What you'll do
We haven't grown by waiting for things to happen, and we don't think you should either. You'll go straight into a real job as a Senior Marketing Executive, placed within one of our marketing teams. Throughout the programme you will rotate up to three times. Learning will come thick and fast, as you get involved in every aspect of marketing – planning strategies and specific campaigns, overseeing budgets and monitoring the performance of our activities across channels, as well as building relationships with stakeholders, our external partners and agencies. Ultimately, you'll make sure that everything we do delivers business results, and that we learn from our work to get even better results next time. With every rotation, you will be set a new challenge with an assessment and feedback at the end.
It's a lot to take in, from understanding how to objectively judge creative work, to planning marketing activity, analysing data to assess progress and spot opportunities, but we'll make sure you have all the support you need during the programme. As well as a Graduate network, you'll have a mentor to offer guidance and training. You'll be critical to our ongoing success, and we'll invest in your future.
Make no mistake; we'll expect a lot from you, but we offer a lot in return. In a business of our scale and scope, there's no shortage of opportunities to move onwards and upwards as soon as you've graduated from our programme.
What you'll need
This programme will not suit those who enjoy routine. This programme is for the adaptable, moment-seizing Graduates who want to build a dynamic, long-term career at the forefront of where business results get delivered. This is not for those wishing to pursue a career in a support function. Marketers at BGL Group drive the business forward and are critical business leaders. You don't need a marketing related degree, but you must be able to demonstrate a strong passion for marketing and a desire to build a long-term career with us.
Specifically, we look for clues to success by evaluating:
- Your degree: an excellent academic background from any discipline
- Excellent numeracy skills, we measure everything we do
- Strong analytical capability
- The entrepreneurial flair to spot new business opportunities and consumer trends
- Hard work and strong ambition, which means that you are unafraid to try and fail, pick yourself up and rebound
- The energy to make the most of our fast-paced environment
- The attitude that you are building your career to become a business leader
- Fluency in a second European language (particularly French or Dutch) or a demonstrable interest for all things international would be useful
- Application window closes: 28 February 2014
- Telephone interviews: End of February to mid-March 2014
- Online and pre-assessments: March 2014
- Assessment days: April to May 2014
- Offers made: May 2014
- Start date: 1 September 2014
Timelines may be subject to change