BGL Group News
Results and Reports
Welcome to the BGL Group's 2011/12 Results and Review.
I am pleased to present the BGL Group's Annual Results and Review for the financial year ending June 2012.
It was another successful year of trading for our Group, with BGL enjoying continued profit growth and a strong performance.
Some of the year's highlights include:
- Pre-tax profit of £88 million - an increase of 22% on the previous year;
- 4.6 million customers, up from 3.9 million in just 12 months;
- Expansion and continued success of comparethemarket.com's 'meerkat' campaign;
- The launch of a multi-million pound 'Data Hub', which helps protect BGL's panel of insurers from potential fraud;
- An impressive performance by our claims arm, ACM, thanks to close working relationships with a portfolio of respected suppliers;
- The acquisition of a second European price comparison site, Verzekeringssite.nl;
- The launch of BGL's new life insurance brand, Beagle Street;
- The culmination of three years' fundraising and corporate donations, delivering more than £1 million to charitable causes.
The report details our achievements and business performance during 2011/12, and the impact BGL has made this year for our people, partners, customers and communities.
- Peter Winslow, Group Chief Executive
Click on the image below (Results and Review) to view the PDF version through Adobe Reader. If you require Adobe Reader you can download the latest version from the Adobe reader website.
The BGL Group's financial year is from 1 July to 30 June. Accounts are filed via Companies House. Please click here to view the press release regarding our most recent annual results.